Ephrata's Non-Profit Community Art Center
A Thrifty Wonderland of Arts and Crafts Supplies
27 Cloister Ave
Ephrata, PA 17522
Open Monday through Saturday
9AM - 6PM
- Do I have to pay anything to use the craft castle at Art of Recycle?
No, our crafting area is free to use whenever you visit Art of Recycle. All of the materials inside of the craft castle are free to use.
- Do I get to keep the art that I make inside the craft castle?
Yes, you get to keep any creation that you make while crafting at Art of Recycle. It is actually a requirement that you take what you create.
- What is the minimum age for children to use the Craft Castle at Art of Recycle?
We leave that discretion up to you. Most children are ready to craft around 5 years old, but some children are ready to craft as early as three. We do not recommend the crafting area for infants or toddlers.
- How do I sign up for your workshops?
- I want to bring my younger child to a workshop that is for adults only or one that is intended for children over 8, is that ok?
No, our age limits are set for the comfort of everyone. We cannot bend these rules for your individual needs. We do offer workshops for younger children on occasion.
- Why doesn't Art of Recycle offer workshops for younger children?
Art of Recycle has a very small staff and our programs are limited to teaching how to create quality art from the resources around you. Unfortunately, there are very few quality crafts for very young children that fit within our teaching spectrum. If we were to do crafts for toddlers our art center would end up fitting more in to the category of a preschool/daycare center, our Art of Recycle facility is not set up as a daycare center.
- I want to bring a large group to Art of Recycle, is that ok?
Because our space is limited we ask that you call ahead to reserve the craft castle so that we do not double book large groups in the craft castle. We also ask for a $2 per person fee if you are coming with a group of 6 or more crafters, especially if you are interested in having specialized attention such as a finger puppet workshop. Contact us via e-mail or call us at 717-466-6966.
- Can I schedule a private workshop, team building event, or birthday party?
Yes. Minimum fees apply. The minimum rate to reserve our space as a venue is $100 per hour with a minimum of two hours.
- Can I bring my birthday party to Art of Recycle without paying a fee?
If you wish to bring the individual birthday girl/boy to Art of Recycle to craft on their birthday, that is ok with us. If you wish to bring cake and food and presents and multiple guests and have AoR staff partake in an interactive puppet show, Art of Recycle hosts birthday parties for a set fee of $100 per hour with a two hour minimum. Birthday parties are a significant part of Art of Recycle's fundraising revenue.
- I am part of a preschool/daycare and I would like to take my class on a field trip to Art of Recycle, how do I do that?
Call Art of Recycle at 717-466-6966 and we will help you make your reservation. Art of Recycle has very affordable rates. Call early in advance because our schedule fills up quickly.
- Can Art of Recycle buy my used stuff or consign it for me?
No. Art of Recycle cannot buy merchandise to sell. The way our organization is set up, we are not permitted to consign other businesses or individual's merchandise or to purchase merchandise outright.
- Where does Art of Recycle get all of their stuff?
Everything that Art of Recycle has in its store and art center is donated. Art of Recycle is a 501c3 non-profit and is eligible to accept donations.
- Are my donations tax deductible?
yes, to the fullest extent of the law. IRS regulations require that your donations be in "good" or better condition in order for you to receive a deduction. Because we accept a much broader range of donate-able items, many donations to us do not qualify.
- What do my donations go to?
When you donate to Art of Recycle, your donations are split into different categories; 1. Some of Art of Recycle's donated items goes into our store to help us raise funds to pay our rent, utilities, overhead and staff. 2. Some of your donations goes towards our free crafting area where people can craft for free at Art of Recycle. 3. Some of your donations goes towards Art of Recycle Workshops where people can sign up to learn how to create fantastic things from recycled materials. 4. Some of your donations are getting distributed to other organizations who need them, at no cost to them (schools, school teachers, theater props, churches, etc.). In all aspects, your donations are going a long way to helping a lot of people.
ART of RECYCLE
27 Cloister Avenue, Ephrata, PA 17522
ALL CONTENTS COPYRIGHTED 2017